Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wednesday, September 1st, 2010




Namaste,
September 1st is a day I used to love. It is the beginning of Dove season, and it is like Christmas here in Oklahoma. Dad would take us out of school, and we would head out to a field before sunrise, and wait on the Dove to leave their roost and fly to feed. Some of the best days of my life were spent with Dad, my brother Curtis, Uncle Al, Mitch Ray, and several other of my dad's friends. Dove fly really fast, and very erratically, so if you are a good Dove hunter you can hit anything. I though about dad all day! If he were still alive, he would have been out there this morning at 5:00am. I got up early and showered, had my coffee, and read a chapter in my book. I need to finish this book, and start the next one. Last night Trey and I were confirmed for our trip to Europe in March. We are flying from Oklahoma City to Munich, Germany. We will be in Germany for 4 days, before traveling to Salzburg, and Vienna, Austria. This is for Trey's scholar squad, and he deserves it. I just could not see sending my 12 year old son to Europe without me. I traded several emails with his teacher this morning, and I am already amped up to leave. The next book I am starting is called Europe for Dummies! Anyway... Dropped Trey off at school, and hit Starbucks. My Starbucks card was empty and I didn't have any cash so I dug quarters out of my truck, and went in. My buddy Neo who was shipping out for Iraq today had been in, and not only bought my coffee today, but also gave me a gift card. That really touched me. God speed for a safe return Neo! On to work where it was busy as crap from the time I got there until 5:30. I had made arrangements to do a photo shoot with one of my pro fighters, who just signed a big sponsorship deal with a supplement company. We did it real fast before class started. Coach Parker was teaching tonight! Killer workout! I am about to pass out, so good night! A couple of pictures of Tim!

Love you all!

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment