Sunday, September 19, 2010

September 16th, 2009 Nepal Journal Entry

09/16/2009 6:09am (OKC) 4:41pm (Del)
Been napping a bit… We had horrible turbulence over the North Atlantic. I opened the window a couple of times and you would have thought we were on a bird. The wings were flapping in the turbulence. The sun appeared as we were approaching Iceland, we came back over land in Norway, Sweden, Finland, and entered Russia. We flew right over Moscow, but due to cloud cover I saw nothing. We are 1801 miles outside of Delhi, and it is -72F outside, we are at 36,498 feet, and 582mph. We are approaching the Arial Sea. We have just entered Kazakhstan, then Uzbekistan, and, Pakistan. I thought last night we were going to fly through China, but we are way east of that. My butt hurts!
09/16/2009 9:21 (Del) 11:53 (OKC)
Landed in Delhi kind of early… From the air it kind of looks like the DFW area… sprawling. All in all, the flight was not bad. I had a TV screen in the headrest in front of me and more movies to choose from than “Family Video.” I sat in the second to the last row, and there was only one empty seat on the plane and it was in between me and the guy on my isle. He is a 27 year old guy from Atlanta who is moving to Kathmandu to become a Buddhist Monk. Since he was from ATL we had plenty to talk about. Here at Gandhi Airport if you have a connecting international flight you are kept in a transit area until two hours before your flight. It is a very small area with a few reclining chairs, and a small snack bar. I am sitting with a gentleman from Paris, Texas who is coming to India to teach, but first is going to Kathmandu, to visit his daughter who is there teaching. I think I am going to get a snack and the take a little nap. People walking by look at us like we are animals in a cage, Kind of Crazy!!!! Did I mention my butt hurts?!

No comments:

Post a Comment