Saturday, September 4, 2010

Saturday, September 4th, 2010








Namaste,

Woke up at my usual 5:00am. Laid in bed thinking about everything that I needed to do.... I got dressed and went out side. It was COLD! Like in the high 40's! I came back in and put on more clothes, and then loaded my bike in the truck, and went to the lake. The trail around the lake is 10 miles. I wanted to do it in under 1 hour, and ended up doing it in 41 minutes flat! I headed to where I was storing my lawn equipment and got the trailer. I was suppose to pick up my mower at 11:00 this morning and before I did that we did a little work on mom's fence. The fence she was given was custom built so none of the panels are uniform. We tried, and tried to get it to work, but ended up breaking all of the panels down and tomorrow afternoon I am going to build a frame and put the pickets back on one by one. It will take all day, but will be nice when we finish! We came home and got a shower and had intentions of going to the market, but the bed looked soooo lonely so I took a two hour nap. Today is the first day of college football, so in honor of my dad's birthday! (Happy Birthday dad!) He would have been 72 today..... I am listening to one game on the radio, with one on the TV! Dad has been gone for 14 years, but there is not a day that goes by that I don't think about him! This morning before I decided to go ride around the lake, I turned on the TV to check the weather, and there was a hunting show on. I immediately started thinking about dad.... Very fitting! We just baked a chocolate cake for his birthday! I will have a piece for both of us! If we were not Hunting, or Fishing.... We were watching football! Anyway.... I am heading to Home Depot to get some supplies to finish mom's fence tomorrow! I am mowing Midwest City as soon as I get out of church. The top picture is dad! The next three I took this morning while I was on my bike!

Love you all!

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment