Thursday, September 23, 2010

September, 22nd, 2009 Nepal Journal Entry

Here is the post from September 22nd.... I posted the 23rd yesterday!


09/22/2009 5:57 am (KTM)
So… I don’t know if I started the movie or not. I woke up at 3:00am and my iPod was on. I fell back asleep and woke up at 5:00am. I do know that it rained all night, but this morning the sky is clear. Last night at dinner, Anu Sherpa told me he was concerned that I was not eating enough. I explained my stomach surgery. I was also going to write down a funny poem that Prem told me.
American Life
Japanese Wife
Chinese Food
Korean Suite

Going to breakfast then we leave for Tengboche!

09/22/2009 10:43 am (KTM)
We left Namche at 7:30 this morning and Prem took it really slow. Fortunately for me there are so many things for me to take pictures of that I used that as an excuse to catch my breath. Honestly… I got a great nights rest, and Prem ordered me Tibetan Bread with honey for breakfast, I took two B12 tabs. My toe only hurts when we are going downhill, which I think we are done with. We are at a village called Phunkhi. I am having fried rice even though I am not even close to hungry. Prem wants me to eat! Cheeky caught up with us… She is very ill today. She ate beef momo’s and drank beer last night in Namche. BAD IDEA! All morning we have had great views of Ama Dablam, Kumjung, Gokyo Ri, and Taoche. We have not seen Everest today, as it is cloudy that way! Four rescue helicopters have come up the valley today.

09/22/2009 1:24pm (KTM)
We arrived in Tengboche at 1:00pm. Five hours trekking 19 kilometers, or 12 miles. First mile straight up, next two straight down, next nine straight up. Prem made me walk step for step with him. The lodge room is very, very small, no blanket, glad I brought my sleeping bag.



09/22/2009 7:02pm (KTM)
I spent the afternoon with Cheeky and Giles. Giles is from England and is trekking across Asia for the next year. Giles is 25 years old and is very nice. I had spaghetti for dinner, but it did not stay down, it was very acidic. We visited the Monastery at 3:00… The monks loved Cheeky. I am going to attempt to edit pictures in an effort to stay awake until 8:00pm. My head hurts a little bit, but just since throwing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment