Sunday, September 19, 2010

September, 17th 2009 Nepal Journal Entry

09/17/2009 12:13am (Del) 1:45pm (OKC)
Just a few random thoughts… Since I will be in this chair for another 5 hours, so far most everyone has been very pleasant. The men are very stand-offish…. The women, especially the younger ones, are beautiful. Not too much make-up, very professional looking. You can tell the western influence has a stranglehold here. There is no real chance for a nap, as the transit area is a pass through area. It is very busy, and I am starving, but don’t know what to eat. I bought two cups of coffee… $1.00 US each and a small bag of cashews for $2.50 or 120Rs. I gave the guy 150Rs and he gave me 10Rs change. I also paid for my second cup of coffee with a $10.00 and only got 360Rs change…..something’s fishy. Did I mention the Indian Army is carrying AK-47’s around? I feel safe!!
09/17/2009 7:37am (Del) 9:09pm (OKC)
After one of the longest days (Nights) of my life… I have just boarded the Indian Air flight from Delhi to Kathmandu. I am in 1st Class and on the side of the plane that the mountains will be on. I will actually get to see Everest here in a while. Hope I don’t cry. I need a nap, but I am really amped up. I met a bunch of guys here at the Delhi airport that are from Kathmandu, but live in Chicago. It’s going to be a great day! I tried to call home several times from Delhi airport, and finally got a hold of Jordan. I let her know I was leaving India and headed for Nepal…. She told me she loved me!

No comments:

Post a Comment