Friday, October 1, 2010

October 1st, 2009 Nepal Journal Entry


10/01/2009 9:43pm (KTM)

Today was quite a challenge, started off good enough. I had breakfast with Mark, Enrico, and Nancy, then Nancy departed for Thamel, Mark and Enrico left for Loubuche, then Prem, Deil and I left for Lukla. The plan was to get here and maybe do a trek over to Mera peak or something, but the problem with my baby toe made it slow going. We made Benkar by one, and I had Mushroom soup, and coffee. We left there at two and Prem ask me how far I wanted to go? I told him I was going to Lukla with or without him! He suggested the side hike to Mera peak would probably not be a good idea with the blood squirting from my toe! I told him to get me back to Kathmandu. He made a call, and got us on a flight in the morning. We have to reconfirm when we get to Lukla. I got into town a good 30 minutes ahead of Prem and Deil. I took an Ultram and it took the edge off of my foot pain. I found a shop and bought a pair of North Face trekking pants. When I met up with Prem again, he brought me to a very guest house. I had Deil come to my room and sign my banner. Then he left, after I gave him a token of my gratitude. I had lasagna for dinner, and there is a crazy New Zealander her he lives in Malaysia, and his name is Jochen. We sat and talked until nine, and then I came to my room to get organized for my flight back to Kathmandu. I took a shower, and I am having a hard time keeping my eyes open time to turn in. When I get back to Kathmandu, I am going to try and catch an early flight back to the US!

No comments:

Post a Comment