Sunday, October 10, 2010

Saturday, October 9th, 2010





Namaste,
I woke up at 3:30 and did not go back to sleep. Sooooo I edited pictures for a couple of hours. I went to Ricardo's at 7:30 and really cleaned up his lawn. I went to check on a couple others but they did not need anything. I took the trailer to the hospital to store it, and then came home and cleaned up my lawn. Sherrie and I met Miriam at Louie's Lakeside at noon to get some organization done. We planned everything out, and then went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. I talked them into selling me a returned hybrid bike fr $100. I have had my eye on it for months, but waiting on the opportunity to haggle them down. We came home and I napped for a bit.... While I was laying down, I got a disturbing voice mail from someone very close to me (At least I thought?) basically telling me to F-off! Wow! That was a big shock.... It really hurt, but I guess it reinforces the fact that people often disappoint us! I apologize for whatever I did... Don't worry, it won't happen again.... Funny thing that's the fourth person this week that I deleted off my phone! Anyway.... While I was resting Sherrie went and had her hair done, and then Jordan fixed it! I got dressed, wrote my speech, and then we left for the "Dance from Obesity Ball!" What a blast, they had photographers, and the food was amazing. I followed Bob Barry Jr, and spoke for 15 minutes or so, and I think it was OK.... Other WLS patients were ask to speak, and one lady stood up and said it was an honor to be in the same room with me. She read my story in the paper, and pinned it up in her closet, She uses it for motivation everyday. That makes all the hard work worth it! After the ball, Dr. Walton invited us back to his house, and the whole group from Weight Wise was there, and we had a blast. Crazy day emotionally! Pictures are from the ball!

Love you all!
Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment