Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday, October 22nd, 2010


Namaste,


Hello everyone! Just to let our new readers know.... I start every blog with the greeting "Namaste", which means bless the spirit within! This is a simple greeting exchanged all over Asia. The proper pronunciation is "Nam-a-stA". OK... On to Friday. This time last week I had just begun my 24 hour challenge! I know exactly where I was as the first group was turning around and heading back to Louie's! Five of us continued for the next 30 minutes, and then there were two! I am still a little sore. My knee gets better everyday, and my back is improving.


I got up late today.... I woke up at 5:49, and freaked out! I wanted to be at mom's at 6:00, so I jumped in the shower and woke Trey up. We have been planning this garage sale for weeks, and weeks, but just as my luck would have it.... We got set up and the rain moved in.... It rained buckets, and buckets! I finely went on to work, because no one in their right mind would be going to garage sales in that kind of weather! Since I had not planned on working today, most everything was done, so we just did some weekend prep! I came home at 4:00, and took an hour nap. Then mom came over for dinner. Sherrie made an amazing dinner, of roasted pork loin, and sweet potatoes. I did absolutely nothing for physical activity today! I plan on riding 30 miles tomorrow, and Sunday. I was looking at riding my bike to New Mexico over Thanksgiving, but would have to have a support vehicle. We need another fund raiser real soon! We did not reach our goal.... But donations continue to come in everyday! Today I received $132.00, and was told that a corporate sponsor was going to donate an additional $400.00. I am not counting that until I see the check.... Tomorrow morning we have to be back at moms for the garage sale, so I am turning in soon!


Love you all!


Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment