Sunday, October 17, 2010

Friday, October 15th, 2010 500th Post!




Namaste,


This is my 500th post on this blog! I am grateful to all of you who read it! Writing everyday, helps keep me accountable!

I knew Friday was going to be crazy. I dropped Trey off at school, and hit Starbucks. I needed to run to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things I had forgotten. I was walking through the store when a lady stopped me and ask, if I was the guy in the news paper last week? I told her yes, and she said she had that article in her locker in the back and she looks at it everyday to remind her to get her exercise! That is what the Quest is all about! Off to work. I had most of my stuff done, and just needed to get out and run a bunch of errands. I had to go to Starbucks, and pick up the coffee they were donating. I needed to go to the Zoo and pick up their banner, and meet the lady Dana, who runs Zoo Friends. Then I headed all the way to the other side of OKC to meet Sarah from the Stallions. She gave me their banner, and introduced me to some people. I headed home to make a sandwich, then checked in at work. Things were crazy so I went in to make some IV's. I was suppose to meet the reporter from channel 9 at 3:00. He called me and said he was going to be late. He was assigned a shooting at Penn Square he needed to cover, but would be at Louie's ASAP! We got there and started putting up banners, and tables! Tom Simpson from Mom's church came out to help with banners, and Thank the lord for him. At 5:00 Sherrie, Trey, and I went in for a bite to eat, and then people started showing up! I was ready to get started, but had to wait until 8:00pm. Dr. Walton, Dr. Broussard, and their families, my sister and her family, a bunch of my friends from work, and their families, Ricardo and Jenni Villrreal, and many, many people who read the story in the paper, or knew someone who read the story came out! The reporter showed up at 7:50 and we had to rush through the interview. Steve Raines from Heritage Baptist came to say a prayer over us, then at 8:00 we took off! The first lap there were 15 or so of us to start! People started falling off, and at the 1/2 way point, it was just Sherrie and I. We made the first loop in three hours. My lower back was already killing me, due to the pinched nerve, but it was way to early to start whining!

All my love!

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment