Monday, October 4, 2010

October, 4th 2009 Nepal Journal Entry

10/04/2009

Naba picked me up and took me to breakfast around 7:30 this morning. We went to a place called Mikes Breakfast. I had a mushroom omelet and Milk Coffee. It was really great. Naba and I talked about me writing a review and posting it on several travel web sites, along with some pictures. I am committed to sending him as many customers as I can. HGT has been great to me and I would love to see them prosper as a result. He took me back to the “Encounter,” I got my things, and I moved back to the “Shanker.” Thank God. Prem walked me back to the Encounter, where I met Wolf. He had a tour booked. Pretty much the same stuff I had already done, but this time I could go and just shoot, already having heard all of the stories. Wolf is very deliberate in his shooting, and shoots, and shoots, and shoots. We started at Monkey Temple, and then to Boudanath, we fed off of each other and just clicked. I was having a great time just shooting faces. We had a blast. We were running out of time and so we stopped at the cremation site. We got some great shots of the Sadhu “Holy Men” (really they are just beggars, who dress up and smoke weed!) There were five cremations going, and five bodies waiting. Very Troubling! We talked about going to Nepali kitchen for dinner to see the traditional dancers, so we started walking over at 5:20 and when we got there, they told us they were booked for the night. That was fine. I just wanted something easy on the stomach. We decided to go to the Shanker for dinner and on the way over we came across an Irish Pub. Wolf had a couple of Guinness, and I had an Irish coffee, then he ordered two steaks! We talked about things like, family, travel, things we wanted to shoot in the future, things we have shot in the past etc… I really think Wolf is a good person with a huge heart, I know I have not known him long, but he is a true friend! We will stay in touch! He paid for our dinner and we went our separate ways! “Good Bye for now my Friend!”

Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment