Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday, August 5th, 2010


Happy Thursday. I slept in until 5:34, when the lovely Sherrie yelled "You need to get up!" I said, "but I don't want to!" I got up anyway! I had a dentist appointment at 7:00am. I had to get a cavity filled. I got to Dr. Mike Wallace's office, and he has more little hotties working in there than the best Hooters in the country! Dr. Wallace is one of my favorite people in the world. He is hilarious, but has a soft sweet side, that let's you know he has a huge heart! I graduated with his older sister, and she is just as sweet. I left there and made a direct beeline for Starbucks. On to work.... I kinda cheated yesterday, and did quite a bit of my work for today knowing I had my two big properties to get mowed today. I left for a long lunch and went to Midwest City. I picked up Brent, and since my big mower is in the shop, we did everything we usually do except the big areas that we use the ZTR on. In addition to that, we cut down several dead trees, and hauled them off. I went inside and borrowed some Tylenol from Chad. My head was pounding, maybe from the drilling of my tooth, or maybe from the extreme temperatures, lack of sleep, or myriad of things, like getting hit in the head.... A lot! Brent and I stopped real quick at Pizza Inn and had a salad and pizza. It helped the head a little. I headed back to Edmond and went to work for a few hours before going out front to prune the Crepe myrtles, and then Sherrie came and helped me mow the front of the hospital. Home for a shower and the to Buffalo for 1/2 price wing night. It was not very good at all, but we had to go to WalMart, and it was the closest thing. We picked up a few things like dog food, milk, lunch meat for Trey tomorrow, and some laundry soap, then home. I finished the book "Momentum" yesterday, and started a new one called "A line that was Drawn" by Hugh Estlinbaum. I grew up with Hugh, and the story is about a life and death struggle his 10 year old son had with the H1N1 virus. It was only 100 pages and I finished it in two settings. I got two more books in the mail today. "Climbing High" a woman's account of surviving the Everest tragedy by Lene Gammelgaard. Lene was the first Scandinavian woman to climb Everest. She climb on May 10th, 1996. The day of the worst tragedy in Everest history. Lene was climbing with her great friend Scott Fischer, who we all know died on the mountain. The other book is "Because it's There!" The life of George Mallory, by Dudley Green.Everyone knows when George Mallory was ask why he wanted to climb Everest he said.... "Because it's There!" I am probably going to read Climbing High first. I also have another book on order called "The Climb" by Anatoli Boukereev. He gives his account of the tragedy on Everest in 1996. Anyway! I am tired, and think the pillow is calling my name! More pictures of Mt Everest. If you are wondering????? Yes! I am obsessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment