Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursday, August 12th, 2010







Namaste,

It's hard to believe that this month is flying by sooooo fast! I slept in till 5:30 this morning. Did my shower, coffee, and had several emails to respond to. The Epilepsy Association of Oklahoma is having a "Flapjack Fundraiser" October 30th, at the Applebee's in Edmond. Myself and Jenniafer Walters are organizing the event, and part of my job is to find some local celebrities to come sign autographs. I talked to one of my Pro fighters last night, and not only would he agree to do it, but he was honored to do it. Cole Province is a four time National Champion wrestler, WEC Cage fighting Veteran and one hell of a nice guy. Cole fights Mike Brown (The number 3 ranked fighter in the world) September 30th, in Denver. I have not ask my other buddy Jared Hess, but I hope he will participate. Anyway.... I emailed some of the key people on the Association to let them know our status on the fundraiser. Off to Starbucks, and then work. We are still fairly slow, but the IV count has picked up. Thursday's are our busy day getting prepared for the weekend. I met Mike Champlin at Louie's for lunch. We had a good chat, and we are having dinner with he, and Jamie tomorrow night at some new upscale restaurant. I don't even know the name..... Back to work, where I had a few minutes to visit with a new employee.... Well not really new???? Alexis Mayfield came back to work. This is her 3rd (Third) go-round at ESH! I guess she just doesn't learn. She is a real firecracker, and will be working in our marketing department, because God knows we need someone out there marketing our facility. Alexis has twenty years experience in case management and social work, which makes her perfect for this job. Alexis also has a way of telling you to go to hell, and make you think she is paying you a complement. Something else about her is the way she is not scared to tell you exactly what is on her mind! We actually had to stay at work until 5:00 today. I ran home and changed into my Muay Thai trunks and headed up to the gym. We had a brand new student start tonight. His name is Scott, and he is a veterinarian..... He has never been in a fight in his life, but wants to stay in shape and learn how to defend his self. We had a mini-clinic with Ajarn Mike Parker tonight. We did a solid two hour workout. I am spent. Tomorrow is no panties Friday, which is my favorite day of the week! Time to get ready for tomorrow! Top picture is Cole working over Tim Elliott. The second is the lovely Alexis Mayfield and her dad Ed.

Love you all!
Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment