Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuesday, July 27th, 2010




Namaste,




Tuesday started just as most other weekdays start! Got up at 5:10, got my shower and had a cup of coffee while watching the ever depressing morning news. I usually watch for the weather, but that has been more depressing than anything! Other that oppressive heat, we get the "Baby Mama Drama!" and the murder for hire plot! Really? Really? Oil spills, and death and destruction, makes sense why so many people jump off tall buildings! Is there not anything good and wholesome in the world anymore? I was listening to the news while reading a few chapters in my book. I am almost done with it, and I really have enjoyed this one. Tenzing Norgay and the Sherpas of Everest! It tells the story of how the Sherpa culture began and exist today. Something I hold very near, and dear to my heart. Off to Starbucks where with my visit today.... I became the official Mayor of my Starbucks! I have called myself the Mayor for sometime, but it was not official until today! You can all call me "Your Honor!" On to work. I busted everything out and then did some price changes. BORING! We are so slow right now, that Jodi was going to take a long lunch, and I told her I might as well get my mowers and get busy! She was cool with that. I really appreciate Jodi letting me do my properties when it is slow at work, to give me a little more time at home. It took me 5 hours to do the property, then home for a very quick shower, and up to Summit Medical Center to speak at WeightWise. I had a group of 60 or 70 people, and I talked nonstop for 45 minutes. I told stories, and educated people and had several questions from the guest! I raced back home to move the furniture back in place before the Fight Club board of Directors showed up to have our meeting. We agreed to place Tim and Trisha on the Board of Directors and they will assist with scheduling and collections. They are really gung ho, and we need all the help we can get. I am really tired and my body still hurts from my sparring with Giroux. I thought all of the physical activity today would work out some of the soreness, but NO BUENO! The pictures are brown Kites. They were flying high above Monkey Temple in Kathmandu. There were hundreds of them. B.E.A.utiful! I spent this particular day with a gentleman, I had just met a few days prior. We hit it off immediately. I had just returned to Kathmandu from The Solo-Khumbu, and he was getting ready to start his trek. Villayat "SnowMoon-Wolf" Sunkmanitu is an inspiration to me. By far the best photographer I have had the opportunity to meet, and an amazing writer. "Wolf" has just published his book.... "Words of a Wolf" Poetry of a Veteran is available on his photography website.... www.wolf-photography.com Look at his galleries and check out his blog! Wolf and I will work together again!




Love you all!




Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment