Sunday, July 11, 2010

Saturday, July 10th, 2010


So I had set my phone to wake me up at 5:30.... I jumped up at 5:15 and got in the shower. My plan was to shower and sneak out without waking Uncle Gerald up. He told me he wanted to have coffee, and make breakfast..... Sounds great in theory.... He is the best cook in the world, but I knew I was going to be on the road all day, so I just wanted to slip out. When I got dressed and went down the hall with my pack, he was in the kitchen with the coffee going. We had a small cup, and I said my goodbye's. My Uncle Gerald is quite possibly one of the greatest human beings on the planet. Other than the fact that he watches Fox News all the time, and believes what they say..... He has a pure heart, full of generosity, and love. I aspire to love my children like he loves his, and his grand kids! In addition to being a great father, cook, and grandfather..... He is one of the most hilarious people in the world. We had a few emotional moments when we talked about my Uncle Gene who has been gone for several years now..... It seems to help when he tells me stories.... Uncle Gene, and Uncle Gerald were best friends, in addition to being inseparable brothers. They worked together at the saw mill from the time Uncle Gerald was nine, until after they were married and moved off to follow careers. I love that man like he is my own father! Sooooo back to the day! I left Uncle Gerald's house at 5:50am.... Had to stop at the Shell station and get gas, snacks and two cups of coffee. I know my buddy Wolf wants me to cut back, but really it is my only vice. I left the Shell station at 6:03 and hit the road! I pushed hard on Highway 64 to Memphis, where I had to stop and go to the bathroom, then on I-40 for another 490 miles. The truck ran great and I got awesome gas mileage. I did stop in Little Rock to fill up and go to the bathroom, but no time to eat.... Back on I-40 and I started getting tired so I called and text everyone I could to keep my mind busy! I made it from Uncle Gerald's to mom's house in 8 hours and 50 minutes. I know if anyone was with me they would have been miserable. I don't eat, keep the air on full blast, and the radio cranked up! Since the truck was loaded with clothes for mom, Sherrie and Trey were at mom's to help me unload it. Then on to the house. I took a shower and laid down for an hour. Sherrie wanted to go to Saturday night church at Life Church. They are doing a series called "At the movies!" They show parts of a movie and how biblical principles are used. The movie was "The Blindside!" Great movie..... We made a stop at Home Depot, and then went to BJ's for dinner. We shared a appetizer plate, then came home and relaxed! I went to bed at 10:00 and do not remember putting my head on the pillow! Picture is of Uncle Gerald, and him watching me head out yesterday! It is tradition to honk as you head down the big hill in front of his house! It was very foggy, especially in the valleys in South Central Tennessee.

Love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment