Monday, May 17, 2010

Sunday, May 16th, 2010




Namaste,




I had great plans to get up early and run.... Here in Oklahoma (Tornado Alley) we have frequent violent storms that pop up, fast and hard, which was the case yesterday. We woke to a lightning filled thunderstorm, and when it passed Trey and I went for a ride to take some pictures and spend some quality time together. We went out past the lake to a new development that has some open areas. I have been looking at Wolf's bird pictures... http://www.wolf-photography.com/ He does amazing work.... I have been looking for birds to take pictures of around here, but have not mastered the skill... I guess that's why I like landscape photography.... It does NOT move! We stopped for a bite of breakfast before church. It was still raining pretty good, but I served my time, and then joined Trey in the service. After church, I was feeling a little under the weather..... I have been taking so many drugs to combat the poison ivy, that I just felt bad. I laid down and took a three hour nap.... It was during that nap that I had an epiphany.... I had a dream that I was a long way from home, and I was trying to run..... I just could not make any headway, and when I turned around and looked behind me.... I was dragging a giant moving van! When I woke up, I started thinking about that... I am dragging a giant moving van. That van is full of stuff.... That van represents me, and the fact that I may be spread so thin... That nap I took was the first one in a long time... I said yesterday that I wanted to start running, but my van has been so full, that I just don't have time. I get out there a couple miles from home, and start thinking about everything I need to be doing. I have to prioritize my van and unpack it. Put some things on the shelf and get them out one at a time. I think it's just the fact that we only have so much time here on earth, and I want to do everything I can to maximize my time here, and try to make a difference. Sorry for the crazy diatribe.... When I got up from the nap I went to lake Hefner to run.... As I was approaching the lake, the sky's started darkening, and tornado sirens started blaring.... Trey was here at home by himself, and he hates storms... I flew home at 100 mph, and when I got here they were saying there was no tornado, but the hail coming in was baseball, to softball size and this will kill you if you get hit. I called Sherrie and told her to get home, made Jordan come home, and put the cars in the garage.... Luckily.... We missed the largest hail.... We got golf balls to a little larger, but just two miles south of us, they had hail the size of a large grape fruit. We spent the rest of the evening, watching the storm coverage, and recovery.... We have very violent weather here in central Oklahoma.... I think I may start photographing it, but only if the situation is safe.... look at http://www.kfor.com/ for pictures of the hail storm! A couple of pictures from yesterday morning!




Love you all!




Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment