Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday, May 10th, 2010







Namaste,








Sherrie took Jordan to school so I would have a good start to the day. Sooooo that means I took Trey.... For some reason he would not sit in the front seat so we started off fighting. So I guess it doesn't matter.... My day will probably start with conflict. I went by Starbucks and they had made an extra skinny caramel, so I took it to mom. Work was fine, my goal was to knock everything out and then get to the dump to empty the trailer. I had 3/4 of mom's fence that we took down on it, and I need it later in the week to haul the mower. I got to the dump just as massive thunderstorms were moving in. Our landfill sits about 300 feet up on top of a hill, and the wind was gusting at 70 miles per hour. The dirt and sand from the dump was being embedded into my skin. I unlatched the straps on the trailer and the fence panels flew off like giant sails. I wish I would have had a camera with me it was incredible. I hurried to get everything off and get back in the truck before the hail started. The tornado sirens were going off all over the city, and everyone was calling me asking where I was. Traffic was crazy! I made it home and jumped in the shower with this giant thunder storm going on outside, and tornado's dancing around the city, but I did not want to die dirty! The experience of sitting here in the living room and watching the coverage on TV, and driving through one like Jodi and I did a couple of weeks ago, was so different! With four network television stations, Internet, and radio coverage of the storms.... You know exactly where they are, and where they are going. The other day when we got caught in the storm on I-40.... We had no idea what the hell was going on. I just know Jodi jumped in my lap and we were yelling at each other. We have been through some real battles together! I think it has really strengthened our friendship. However, she is still the boss! I know my roll, and we are a good team! I am adding some random pictures of my super hott wife for your enjoyment!






Love you all!






Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment