Sunday, May 30, 2010

Saturday, May 29th, 2010




Namaste,




After 3 hours of sleep I was wide awake.... I laid around for another 30 minutes, and I heard uncle Gerald stirring... I went and had a cup of coffee with him. He is one of my favorite people in the world. He is hilarious, and keeps me rolling. I put my running clothes on and took off. It is two miles to Uncle Ben's house... That is not that bad! What is crazy is that they both live on mountain tops. Running downhill was not that bad, but when you run downhill, it usually means you have to go back uphill. It was beautiful outside, and took my mind off of our immediate vehicle trouble! I ran to Uncle Benny's house and 1/2 was up his mountain, he passed me... I waved, but he kept on driving. I made it to the top of the hill and went to his door... He was surprised to see me. I told him about the car trouble and he told me my cousin Doug was on the square with the boy scouts. Doug is a Ford mechanic and would know what to do. I took off like I was shot out of a cannon, and found him. I described the problem, and Doug said... "Your not doing anything till Tuesday!" I was resigned to the fact that here in small town America they have their priorities right, and everything shuts down for the Holidays. I ran back up the mountain to Uncle Gerald's and showered. He made one of his world famous breakfast, and then I laid down for an hour. We went to Colombia to watch Boston play baseball, and then back to the house. My cousin Brent was racing in Lawrenceburg last night, so Sonya picked us up and took us to the track. Brent put a bunch of new electronics on his race car and needed to get them dialed in. He kicked butt in the first and second round, but broke out of the third at seven one thousands of a second. Tough luck.... When we got back to the house, I died. Sherrie and I came down to McDonald's to use the wifi, and try to figure some things out. Looks like we can rent a car in Nashville, and drop it off in OKC..... That is the plan for now. Then we have to figure out how to get Curtis' truck fixed and get back here to get it! Pictures are Boston Ray playing baseball, and Brent Quillen in the race care!

Love you all!
Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment