Sunday, May 30, 2010

Friday, May 28th, 2010


Namaste,


Well the morning started at 4:30, and I popped out of bed and headed to the kitchen for a cup of coffee.... I went to work at 6:30 to get everything started.... By 9:30 I was wrapping up. There was a luncheon that was at Adam's parents house..... I went back home and loaded Curtis' expedition, then laid down for an hour. At 2:15 Sherrie decided to go pick Trey up at school. Jordan called while she was there and said she was done with her finals. We left the house at 3:30 and left mom's house at 2:45. The GPS said we would arrive at Uncle Gerald's at 12:14am. I was trying for that, to include food stops, and gas stops. We stopped in Arkansas and got some food to go, and the gas stops were like a well oiled pit crew. I would warn everyone 10 minutes in advance of gas stops and make sure everyone had their shoes on! We were 15 miles away and on perfect time, when trying to go up a small grade, the truck just didn't have any power, and the oil pressure gauge came on. Before we could pull over in a construction zone, she blew up! BIG TIME! Not being a mechanic, I called my cousin Terry, and they said our cousin Sherrie's husband owned the only wrecker service in town. We called him, and the Terry, Sonya, and Brent came to get us. I stayed with the truck, and then Terry took me to Uncle Gerald's house, and Mark towed the truck there. Terry told me there was no chance we were going to get it looked at this weekend. Everything is shut down for the holiday. I got in bed around 2:30.....


Bad day!


Love,


Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment