Saturday, April 3, 2010

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, April 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, 2010


Namaste,


So I wrote this long winded blog last night, and went to add a picture and the text disappeared! So here we go again! Thursday took the kids to school and then Starbucks! Morning was very busy and then met the Administration of Midwest City Nursing Center, and Midwest City Specialty Hospital to discuss their lawn maintenance. We had a quick lunch, then I headed back to work. The afternoon was equally busy, but there was a light at the end of the tunnel! After work I came home and got my lawn trailer. I headed up to Edmond and did their lawn. About 7:30, I started feeling weak, and my stomach started cramping, I felt dizzy, so I loaded up and came home. When I got out of the shower I could not even stand! I called my friend Dr. Walton, and he told me to get to Summit Medical Center and he would run some test. The awesome thing about having a friend own his own hospital is I had three nurses and did not have to wait in any lines! He is a blessing and has saved my life twice now! I was severely dehydrated, and they gave me five litres of fluid, and some electrolytes. I came home at 1am, and slept pretty well until 7:00am. I pretty much laid around all day on Friday. I ran a few errands in the afternoon, but I had a banging headache. At 6:00, I left for Bricktown. The fights started at 8:00 and Tyler Griffen was the first bout. Tyler is a very close friend of mine, and I trained with him almost everyday for this fight. Tyler won by rear naked choke early in the second round! Ryan McCurdy was our second fighter up in the fourth bout. He destroyed his opponent in under a minute and won by a straight jab, that dropped his guy like a rock! Our third fighter up was Tim Elliott. Tim and I trained together quite a bit for this fight. I can stand and bang with Timmy, but he is a former collegiate wrestler and when we go to the ground he has mad skills! Tim won very impressively by knockout in the first round. We had two other guys fight that acknowledged 805 Fight Club. It's funny when you go to an event like that, every fighter there has been in your gym at one time or another. Saturday morning, I woke Bruce up at 6:30 and we left for Midwest City at 7:00. We worked our butts off there until noon, and then came back to Edmond to do a couple of lawns here. We could have done twenty... People kept coming up to us asking if we had time to do their lawns and we just didn't! When we got back to the house, the girls had everything laid out for me to grill! After I cooked, I jumped in the shower and pretty much did not move from the couch for the next several hours! The picture is Jared Hess! He is one of our pro fighters! This was from the finals of the Bellator series! He lost to Hector Lombard, due to a small cut on his forehead that bled like a stuck pig!


Love you all!


Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment