Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday, March 10th, 2010

Namaste, Hello, Hola, and Good Day Mate,

Well today is the two year anniversary of my gastric sleeve procedure. In the last two years, I have been given a new lease on life. I am able to do things I never dreamed possible. I am not worried about my family being embarrassed to be seen in public with me. I have a renewed spirit, and energy. My goal in life now is to effect other peoples lives. Whether by giving them hope, and showing them what is possible, with a great support structure, and some serious sweat. This morning started with an email sent out to several hundred people letting them know that today was the two year anniversary of my surgery, and the one year anniversary of the launch of "Mats Quest!" Of course dropping the kids off at school then, my stop at Starbucks! Off to work. In the middle of the morning I had to pick Jodi up from the doctors office and take her home. Then I met Gaymarie for a quick bite at Mazzio's. They have a great salad bar, with sweet peas! The afternoon was full of busy work getting ready for the big boss coming tomorrow. After work I came home and got Trey and we headed down to the Ford Center for a Pregame party, and the Basketball game. We had a really good time at the game. As for the new "Quest" that was revealed today. I am going to Italy to climb Mt Blanc. I met a world renown climbing guide in Namche Bazar, last year and he is going to guide me up Mt Blanc. I also plan on raising enough money to fund a scholarship for a gastric sleeve procedure. There will be many more blogs dedicated to this new "Quest." After I sent the email out this morning, I started getting responses. It was really touching to know that even though I only have 40 subscribers to the blog... Hundreds of people read it. There are people that work with Sherrie that tell her things about what I did the days or weeks before, that she didn't even know. I am truly blessed to have so many great friends and supporters!

I Love you all!

Mat

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Mat :o) Keep dreaming those dreams and making them realities!

    Wolf

    ReplyDelete