Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tuesday, February 2nd, 2010

Namaste,

Tuesday, Tuesday, Tuesday! Dropped the kid's off, then to Starbuck's. Straight to work.... Morning went by pretty quickly, because I needed to be at a business builders group luncheon at 11:15. I went as a guest of my friend Jenniafer Walters, but as it turns out Miriam Nida, and Caleb Brown are also part of that group. It was very interesting to see the networking. I just don't know if I have enough time to invest in one more venture. They meet twice a month for an hour and a half. They also have business after hours, and mixers. Anyway.... It was interesting listening to other people and how they market themselves. I can go with "World Renown Photographer," "Motivational Speaker," "Landscape and Design," "Pharmaceutical Representative," "MMA Gym Owner Operator," "Father and Husband," or a plethora of other things I have my hand in! Back to work for a long, long afternoon. I headed out about an hour early. I came home and relaxed for a few minutes before heading to a memorial service for one of my co-workers at the hospital. Mary Lester was 56 years old, and kinda cranky old lady, but she was a very special lady. She really loved my mother, and several times when mom was in the hospital Mary would go sit with her. You have to respect that! Last week Mary was admitted to our hospital with worsening Congestive Heart Failure. As she was coming in I said..."Mary we are going to name hall 200, "The Mary Lester Memorial hall!" She stuck out her tongue and flipped me off! That was the last time I saw her.... Fitting! I ran by the gym just to check in, and I couldn't help myself.... I put on my boxing shorts, and got in the cage with Chad "O-G" Ashlock, then a couple of rounds with the infamous Ben "The Burrito" Crocker! I beat Ben like a drum! Not really. Ben made me bite my tongue, so I came home. I am getting ready to go get some ice cream as I think it will help me feel better! :-)

Love you all!

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment