Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Monday, March 22nd, 2010

What a great day! Woke up early and downloaded the pictures from the photo shoot I did with the tattoo guy's. Due to the horrible weather we were stuck shooting inside, and I struggle with lighting. There are a few that will be pretty cool, but overall...pretty disappointed. Took the kids to school, then hit Starbucks! Off to work. As it has been lately, morning was plenty busy. I met with a very interesting gentleman at lunch. His name is Kevin Cory. Kevin is a retired Doctor, who now owns a marketing company. Kevin takes facilities that are in financial difficulty, a strategically positions them for success. Kevin met a couple of Doctors who has a Weight Loss program, and he wanted to meet me and see if I had any ideas. It just so happens, it is my Doctor and friend Dr. Greg Walton. How ironic..... I actually have a speaking engagement at Weight Wise tonight. I love speaking there. I told Kevin, how I feel about Dr. Walton, and he feels the same. I will do anything I can to help him with the new business plan for Weight Wise. I have seen what they can do to change someones life. Back to work.... Afternoon, Blah, Blah, Blah.... Slow..... I though a lot about what was next, for "The Quest". I think I may go attempt Mt. Rainier. I really need someone to go with me. The airfare is pretty cheap, under $350, and the climb under $2000. So all, in all, the trip would cost about$3000, to $3500, with expenses guides, and equipment. I am open to suggestions on sponsorship. I would gladly stand on top of Rainier, with someones banner, and take pictures. Any ideas? I really don't have time to do a ton of fund raising right now. I also would need to book this climb within the next two to three months. There are self guided climbs, which would cut down on expenses, raise the difficulty, and danger, but they require a two person minimum. After work I came home and schooled the neighborhood kid's in a game of horse. Then changed and headed down to Brick town for the Thunder Vs. Spurs. The Spur's have always been one of my favorite NBA teams. Trey wanted Italian, so we went to Zio's. As we were leaving, I saw Mike and his dad having dinner. Mike started a new job yesterday, so I had not talked to him, pretty funny. Trey and I had pizza, and salad, then walked over to the Ford Center. We only have 5 home games left, Thank God. We lost but it was a very close, very entertaining game. Trey is really developing a love for basketball. He is in charge of our brackets for the NCAA tournament so he has been paying close attention to the games. It is funny.... He use to go to the games for the cotton candy, and snow cones, no he is all about the game. Home and to bed! Now time to get another day started!

Love you all!

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment