Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thursday, June 17th, 2010


Namaste,


Well another crazy busy day! I headed out early.... Hit Starbucks, then on to work. I had plans on getting ahead of the game today, and setting up the weekend. Everything went as planned except we were short handed. I was suppose to go to Midwest City and have lunch with the business office girls, but it didn't work out! I took off early and got the lawn trailer, and knocked out the Edmond property. It took me 5 1/2 hours, but I did some extras!!!! I enjoyed the gym so much on Tuesday, that I had to go tonight. Actually Mike Giroux was begging me to get in the cage with him. I walked in the gym and Tyler Griffen told me Giroux was waiting on me! His forehead is red and purple, and his lip has a big red mark on it. I rolled a round with Tyler to loosen up, and then Mike jumped in on me. He went really hard for the first round. Mike has the most amazing kicks in the world. He was crushing my right leg with low kicks, then he kicked me flush in the head a couple of times. I connected with a few, but he dominated the first round. The second round was even, and then we started class. Sparring stations. One station was straight boxing, one was kick boxing, one was grappling, etc... Mike was my partner, so we kept after it for a while. During the grappling with punches station, I threw him in a headlock, and trapped his arm. I rained punches on him. I HAD SOOOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!! I don't know what it is about fighting that makes me happy! The endorphins that are released, or seeing my own blood, which I may add.... There was plenty of it on my face. Anyway, home for a shower, some food, and to watch game seven of the NBA Finals! Tomorrow is Friday, and I am excited for the weekend. I know Sherrie and I are playing in a golf tournament Saturday, so we may hit some balls after work tomorrow? Who knows. We will probably do what we usually do on Friday nights.... Go to the market, and then fall asleep watching a movie! :-) The picture is my Starbucks at 15th, and Bryant. It is one of my favorite places in the whole world!


Love you all!


Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment