Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday, June 27th, 2010


Namaste,


Slept in till almost 7:00! Jumped up and got ready for church.... Took Jordan to work, then on to get Trey at mom's, and then on to church. It was really hot in the parking lot. On the way home Trey and I have a few stops to make. We stopped at O'Riely's to get spark plugs for the lawn mower, and transmission fluid for the rover. We ran by Home Depot and got a new water valve for the toilet in my bathroom. As I was putting the valve, I broke the extension tube. So another trip to Home Depot. When I got home I realised I had to take the tank off, so Sherrie helped me take the nasty rusted bolts off. Guess what??? Another trip to Home Depot to get three new brass bolts. When we were putting the tank back on part of the bowl, that the tank attaches to broke. I think it will be OK.... THINK? Anyway, I was hooking the water back up, and the fitting on the water supply was leaking, so a fourth trip to the hardware store. We went to Ben and Kinsey's house to help them load their moving truck. There were several guy's over there so it was pretty quick. We filled up at 26 foot moving truck in an hour, and unloaded it just as quick. It was very humid, outside so we were dripping with sweat! Ben and Kinsey made a $100 donation to Trey's trip fund. That was soooooooo nice! They are great people. I know they are exhausted. They have to finish getting their clothes out of the old house, and sweep, and mop, but most of their things are in the new house. Dan McBride text me the other day and ask if I needed A/C unit. Ours is 20 years old, and runs 23 hours a day. We went and picked it up. I will have to find a way to have it installed. Thanks Dan! We came home and I finished working on the toilet, then took a shower. We had chef salads for dinner, and now I need a snack. I have no idea what tomorrow will bring. It is Monday after all. There is a 60 percent chance of rain. This is a funny picture from Bodunath Stupa in Kathmandu. These two monks were texting... I thought it was ironic to see the old ways of a monks life with the technology of today. Also note the gold watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment