Monday, August 10, 2009

Sunday, August 9th, 2009

Good Morning!

Sunday was a great day. Started with working at the church in the parking lot, then Trey and I stayed for service. We came home after church and made a quick trip to Wal-Mart for some grilling supplies. I came home and rebuilt my grill, then headed down to the Chase building for a quick climb of the 35 story stair case. My hiking boots, weigh 4 pounds and climbing the stairs is a great way to condition my legs for the uphill hike. I think the next time I climb the stairs, I will load my pack with 30 pounds, and try that. I made it up and down in 16 minutes, and 20 seconds, and that includes stopping at the 35th floor to take a picture. When I left there I went to the new gym and met Mike Giroux.... We started cleaning the back corner out, and getting it ready to start moving equipment in. It was really nasty in there! I told Sherrie I would be home at 3:30, because of friend Miriam was coming over for dinner. Miriam has really been a blessing in the last month. She has really stepped up the fund raising efforts for the quest. She is organizing my send off part for me and I don't think it's something I could have handled right now. We grilled veggies, and made shish-k-bobs, with chicken, shrimp, and steak. We put everything in bowls, and everyone made their own skewers. It was a blast. Anyway... I need to get ready for work. Have a great day!

I love you all!

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment