Sunday, February 28, 2010

Saturday, February 27th, 2010

Namaste,

Saturday started out with a Muay Thai class at PMA. I think it was very good for me.... I learned a ton: However, it was very basic stuff for Mike Giroux. The instructor Jeff Jimmo was awesome. He could tell Mike had Muay Thai training so I think we got a little extra attention. Jeff walked up to me and said.... You don't know who I am, but I know who you are! That made me feel pretty good. I guess Jason Epps had told him about the "Quest!" After the session I came home with every intention to wash the cars and work in the lawn, what happened was my eye lids grew heavy, and I took an hour and a half nap. I jumped up and went to Home Depot to look at lawn vacuums. I found one that I think will work. I came home and got ready to head to Bricktown for the fights last night. I got in the ring before the National Anthem and said a short piece about Nathan Johnson. We earned in between $300 and $400 which is not as much as I had hoped but I guess I can't complain. Our fighters did outstanding. Trisha Clark, one of our pro fighters, got rocked in the first round, but she came back with a vengeance, throwing some of the meanest Thai clinch knee's I have ever seen. She dominated her fight and won with a unanimous decision. The promoters left a bad taste in our mouths, but what can you do. I guess they made promises to the fighters that they did not keep. One of the fighters from another squad talked a little crap to me, and I got a little side ways with him, pissed Sherrie off a bit. In the heat of the moment, after the week I had.... Not smart for some "Thug" to try to start something! Anyway.... That's a whole different blog! I need to get a shower and get to church!

Love you all!

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment