Sunday, February 21, 2010

Friday, Saturday, Sunday, February 19th, 20th, & 21st, 2010

Namaste,

Once again I want to explain Namaste.... It means bless the spirit within! Anyway, let's go back to Friday. Up early to get the kid's ready for school, then my stop at Starbucks. Off to work, then errands at lunch. I had to pick up the tire for my mower, and make a few other stops. The afternoon went quickly, but I needed to bug out an hour early. I got home and we got headed down to the Farmers Market to help get the fights going. Sherrie and I stopped on the way down to grab a bite to eat. Friday night every thing went off without a hitch. We went 1 and 1, but our fighter that lost Adam Pratt, was invited to come back and fight again.

Saturday morning I got up and headed to the gym. Travis and Tyler, were the only one's who showed up, but we worked really, really hard! I came home and worked outside for a while. I went by Home Depot, and picked up a few things I needed. Gas cans, pre-emergent, and various other things. I came home and got the mower out, and even though it was raining outside, I scalped the lawn, and put out some weed killer. Sherrie and I had to have Sean to the fights by 6:00, so we went and got a quick bite to eat. We were doing well, and everything was going great until, our fighter Adam had a very good bout going on and his opponent went down and started having seizures. They had him in the ring for over an hour before the rushed him to OU trauma. As of right now he is doing very poorly, and his prognosis is poor. Adam is a wreck, and I do not know what to do to help him. After they got him out of the ring there was quite a delay getting the action back going. All of our guys withdrew from the event, and most of the guy's went to the hospital to support the fighters family.

Rest did not come easy.... I was awake most of the night, so I got up and headed to church. I worked in the parking lot, and then into service. I was very distracted during the service. I came home and had a bite to eat then headed out to work in the pouring rain. I worked on the fence, fixed the walk way by the gate, worked in the garage, and in my storage building. Anything I could do to keep busy. It would have been easy, to sit around the house and mope, but I chose not to! Tonight mom made dinner for us. Chicken, squash, sweet potatoes, and macaroni. It was great. We came home to try and get ready for the week. I need to make some flyers for the landscape business, and some cards. Time to get going!


Love you all! Please pray for our fighter Adam Pratt, and the injured fighter Nathan Johnson!

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment