Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Monday, February 22nd, 2010

Namaste,

Monday was Monday. Work was fine..... I worked with Cindy in the morning and Jodi in the afternoon. I met with Ben Crocker at lunch, and we discussed how best to help the injured fighters family. Half of the club have a balls to the wall approach, while the other half have a let's give the family time to grieve, slow and easy approach. I see both sides of the argument! I think we could speak during this weeks cage fights and get some donations. I am planning on holding a bake sale maybe next week! I will raise $250.00 and that is about all I can commit to right now. The fighter Nathan Johnson is doing very poor, and as of yesterday they held a wedding service for his fiancee. She is six months pregnant with his child, and the family felt it was important, before they started harvesting his organs. Very sad situation. After work I headed straight to the gym.... I rolled with Tyler, and Chad then held pads for Giroux. I stayed for class, then the Board of Directors along with a few selected people met at Adam's mom's office. We had three members of Nathans family attend the meeting. We needed to hear what the families needs are, and how we can best help. I came home mentally exhausted and just need to veg out. Time to get the day started.

I love you all!

Mat

1 comment:

  1. Can you give me details on your bake sale so I can see what I can do to help. My son pitched with Nate last season at SOSU and roomed with him on all the road trips as well. He is still at SOSU and is now the pitching coach. You can also contact me direct at vicki@idsokc.com. Thanks Vicki Dodd

    ReplyDelete