Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday, March 27th, 2009

Short and sweet..... Just had a 20 minute long discussion with my guide Naba in Nepal. We use Skype to communicate. I don't know if I have explained how it works but, you use a headset with microphone, and a free program you download from the internet. You can talk to anyone in the world for FREE! Big Daddy likes FREE! We discussed several things, equipment, hotels in Kathmandu, and even the possibility of starting my trek on September 29th. Naba is suggesting the earlier trek, because it is just after monsoon season, and the air will be very clear, not that it would be that much different a week later, but I'll take any excuse to get there A.S.A.P. Today we sent out three letters asking for support. Went to Summit Company and found a sweet sweater on the clearance rack. Depending on the weather this weekend.... I will either climb the boulder field at Mt Scott or run a half marathon. There was a race scheduled for tomorrow morning, but due to the "Blizzard 2009" which looks like it will turn into "Ice Cube 2009" The run on the Boulevard was cancelled.

God Bless

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment