Friday, December 25, 2009

Thursday, December24h, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Even though the title of this blog is December 24th.... I am writing this at 6:00am Christmas morning. Yesterday was insane. We had an arctic winter blast roll through Oklahoma, and it all started yesterday morning at 5:00am. I took Sherrie to work because it was sleeting and she does not do well in her little sports car. I ran into Wal-Mart and picked up a few essentials... Dog treats, Hot Dogs, and a loaf of bread. I stopped at Starbucks then on to work. I went straight into the mixing room and did not come out until noon! Jodi ventured out and picked up some sandwiches. A little after two we had about a foot of snow on the ground. I let work to pick Sherrie up, then took Jordan to work. We were going to church, but all of the services were cancelled. When I got home two panels of my back fence had blown down, so I put on my Arctic gear and went out to fix the fence. The wind was gusting 40 to 50 miles per hour, and the drifts were 3 feet deep. Funny thing is Boomer, my English Mastiff loves the snow! I would throw a tennis ball into the snow drifts and he would bust through them face first and find his ball. I took a few pictures of him and I will post them. I picked Jordan up at 7:00 and we hung out, and watched TV until 10:00 when the Midnight Mass came on TV. I am not Catholic but always love watching the Midnight Mass. I actually use to go on Christmas Eve when I was a kid. I got up early this morning, and was going to go out and take pictures of the sunrise with the snow drifts, but there i a five foot drift in my driveway. I am going to shovel snow all day after we open presents.

I want each one of you to know how much of a blessing you are to me! Take a minute to think about all of the things we are so lucky to have here in this country. I am saying a special Christmas prayer for each and everyone of you!

Merry Christmas, and God Bless you!

Mat

1 comment: