Sunday, December 27, 2009

Decembr 25th, 26th, and 27th, 2009

Namaste,

Christmas morning the family woke up and we opened up presents. We tried not to go to overboard this year, but it always happens anyway. After the traditional stuff, Sherrie fixed a big breakfast and it was really good. I tried not to eat too much, but I did. I went out and started shoveling my driveway. I had one drift that was probably five feet deep. I got most of it cleared off, but because my house faces North the sun does not shine on the upper half, and it was a sheet of ice under the snow. My mom had buried her car in a snow drift at work on Christmas Eve, so I drove up there and drove her car right out of the drift and back to her house. I was in my Arctic gear so I started walking back to my car, where I had left it at her work. It was about two miles and there were drifts of three to five feet all the way back. I rescued an elderly man stuck in his Toyota Prius. He was stuck and had no way out, so I dug him out and he wanted to give me a ride back to my car but I was having too much fun. When I got back to the hospital I realised that my coworkers had been snowed in too so, I started digging them out it took me over two hours to dig Jodi's BMW out. I came home and took a shower, then Miriam and Tommy came over and we did our Christmas with them. Sherrie made soup, and it was yummy. Saturday morning, I took Sherrie to work at 6:00 am, and Jordan to work at 8:00am. In between I took down both Christmas tree's and the rest of the Christmas decorations. After I dropped Jordan off at work I went out to the lake and looked for some things to take pictures of. I got a couple of nice shots of some birds in the snow. I got stuck once but worked my way out of it. I went over to mom's and shoveled her driveway, then went to El Reno to help Curtis move for a couple of hours. I had to get back and pick Sherrie up at work, then over to Miriam's to take pictures of Santa and Tommy. We hung out there for a while, then home. Jordan babysat my friend Mike Messina's daughter for a few hours, last night. Her name is Live and she is a real cutie. They did hair and watched movies. I got up early this morning, and picked up mom for church. Her church cancelled services this morning due to the snow. I worked in the parking lot, then went in for service. After church I took mom to the store, then helped run errands. This afternoon I cleaned my neighbors driveways, and stayed outside until dark. We are watching a series on Mt Everest. It is making me want to get back to Nepal. This week is going to be busy. Mike and I are leaving for Utah on Friday morning. We will be doing some cold weather hiking and climbing in the La Sal Mountains. I need to get some good workouts in this week. I ate like a pig this weekend, but it was Christmas????

Love you all!

Mat

1 comment:

  1. It's good to know that there are still selfless people like you there bro. It would have been fun to be with you during the snow shovelling :o) I miss being out in the stuff. We only had a light covering of it here in Nottingham but parts of Scotland have had a lot this year.

    Wishing you a Happy New Year and thanks for the card and the CD brother.

    Much love

    Wolf

    ReplyDelete