Sunday, January 17, 2010

Friday and Saturday, January 15th & 16th, 2010

Namaste,

Good morning! Friday was a blur.... Work was quite busy, and we had a ton going on! I don't remember how much I have written about my new business opportunity, but it continues to grow at an alarming pace. I think I have three major contracts, and working on one that would put me in a situation to comptemplate a career change. I am terrified to think that I could be my own boss, and do something I really enjoy, make a healthy living, and be able to spend several months a year doing something to help mankind, but that is an entirely different story. I met with a very large retirement community Friday at lunch about doing their 37 acre campus. There is a ton of work to do there, but nothing I cant handle with the right equipment and a couple of hired hands. Friday night... Sherrie, Trey, and I went to the Home and Garden Show. Last year they had a ton of lawn equipment.... This year there was only one company! I looked at some John Deere stuff, and I think they have a great price! I have all of the small equipment I would need, but I need a 54 to 60 inch deck mower, and a few other things. Saturday morning, Sherrie and I got up and started cleaning house! Really cleaning! About noon we took a break and had a bite to eat. We continued to do some cleaning and then at 3:00 Curtis came by and went to look at this new property with me. He thinks it is manageable, with the right amount of help! When I got back Sherrie and I loaded up and went down to Bricktown, to walk around. The weather was crappy, so we walked around a few stores then went to In The Raw, for some Sushi. Mike Champlin and his Dd met us there before the Basketball game. The OKC Thunder was playing the Miami Heat. We kicked their butts! I enjoy going to the games but sometimes it gets to be a job with 3 or 4 games a week. This week the team is on a four game road trip so I will spend a lot of time in the gym, getting ready for my fight next month. Sherrie and I have decided to go to Galveston for a few days around our anniversary. This is big #20, and I thought nothing would be better than walking along the beach, and reflecting on the last 20 years. Kinda sappy! Wish I had more time to take off and go on a cruise or something but that just is not in the cards right now! Well I need to get to church, so I will write more tonight or in the morning! I am going to help my buddy Chad Duggan tonight breakdown his display at the Home and Garden show at 5:00! He is one of my sponsors and owns RedRock Landscape and Design. He will be able to give me some sound advice!

Love you all!

Mat

1 comment:

  1. Being your own boss is cool Mat. Things seem to be moving ahead for you.

    Good luck with your fight prep..and the fight.

    Get on MSN dude, I sent you a new account and the link to download the software. Wolf Junior is back in Denmark now and it'll be cool to have a chat on MSN with both of you at the same time.

    :0)

    ReplyDelete