Saturday, July 4, 2009

Thursday, and Friday, July 2nd, and 3rd, 2009

Namaste,

Good Morning from the Beachcomber Inn in lovely Galveston, TX. Thursday morning I went to work really, really, early. It was just Gaymarie and I, we had a lot to get accomplished, but we did it. I was able to get out by 1:00. We left the house at 1:300 and headed to College Station. W e arrived at Sherries favorite restaurant, Fuddruckers just after 7:00. Bruce, Tracy, and her parents, met us there and we hung out for a couple of hours, before we headed back to their house. We crashed out pretty hard. I woke up at 5:00 and ran a couple of miles, before heading back to the house, to get ready for our 3 hour drive to Galveston. We left College Station at 8:15 and made great time, even though our GPS took us through the hood in Houston. We went to Joe's for lunch then straight to the beach, where the Jones Family got FRIED! We all wore sunblock but the saltwater washed it off pretty effectively. We stayed on the beach for about four hours, before heading back to our room. We showered, and rested for a few minutes before heading out to explore. We ended up at Fisherman's Wharf for dinner, a little cafe called Yaga's! It was really good and cheap! Trey and I shared a pizza, it was yummy! We went to the ferry, after dinner and caught it in perfect timing. This was the sunset cruise, and I took 100 pictures. We went back to the hotel, and everyone crashed hard, except me! I edited a couple of hundred pictures. As I was getting ready for bed, I stepped into the bathroom to find the toilet full, and had to get a plunger and become the plumber. My alarm clock went of at 6:00, and I drove over to East Beach to take sunrise pictures. Back to the hotel. The waves are huge, and we are heading to the beach now! Love you all!

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment