Friday, July 24, 2009

Thursday and Friday, July 23rd and 24th, 2009

Namaste,

Well Thursday was a great day. First thing in the morning my boss, called and told me that the executive counsel, agreed to pay me my salary while I am gone. This is a huge blessing, and I told Shawn on the phone I was about to cry. The rest of the day was pretty good. Sherrie, Jordan, Trey, and I, met Curtis and Lisa at Zio's by the airport for dinner. We were meeting to discuss the upcoming Poker Tournament, that will hopefully finish funding, "The Quest"! This morning I had to be at Wal-Mart at 5:45am. Sherrie was holding a bake sale for me, and I wanted to help her set it up. As soon as I got done with that I got on the phone with Continental Airlines and booked my ticket. I leave on September 15th at 7:10am, and get into Kathmandu on September 17th, at 9:20am. I have a 10 hour layover in Newark, NJ. I am going to take a Taxi to the Statue of Liberty, and maybe to Central Park. I also have a 15 hour lay over in Delhi. I am not sure what I will do with that. I have been told I can get a hotel room in the airport, and it may be a good idea to rest as much as I can before arriving in Nepal. The next morning, I fly from Delhi to Kathmandu. Then it's on like donkey kong twenty something days later I will head home. Total air miles 18,000! CRAZY!!!!!! The rest of the day was very busy. Sherrie, Jordan, and I went to Louie's and had an appetizer for dinner. Then ran some errands. Trey needs a new ceiling fan, and home depot had nothing! Going to bed now!

Love you all!

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment