Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sunday and Monday, October 18th & 19th, 2009

Namaste,

Just a little bit behind.... Sunday morning Trey and I worked in the parking lot at church, then stayed for service. It was very good. Jordan was house setting for Jenni and Riccardo, and she was not answering her phones, so Sherrie had me go by there and check on her. Jordan talked me into running to Taco Bell, then trey and I went home. Thursday night I was messing around on Ebay, and won a pair of tickets for the Black Eyed Pea's and U2, Sunday night at OU. Sherrie and I left the house at 3:00 had to drive to Mustang to pick up the tickets. We were going to get to Norman and get a little bite to eat before the show..... I guess all 90,000 people that were going to the show had the same idea. We ended up going to Freebirds and getting some nachos. We got there and about 5 minutes after we sat down, the line extended out the door into the middle of the parking lot. I overheard some of the workers saying, "There is no way were are going to have enough food!" Anyway.... We had some nachos then walked over to the stadium. They were already letting people in, and from campus corner you could see the top of the stage sticking out. So I was curious to see it. We went to our seats, and saw the Duke's. They were my neighbors growing up and I had not seen Grant in over twenty years. It was really windy, so Sherrie and I continued to walk around. We went to look at T-shirts, but there is not a T-shirt that I am willing to pay two times the ticket price for! The show was amazing, and in the middle of the second encore, we decided it would be OK to leave. We ran from the stadium to the car, which was parked way North of Campus Corner. We got out of the lot, and on I 35 in no time. As many of you know I am 1/2 Nascar driver, so we were home pretty quickly. It was still very late for a Sunday night! Monday morning came really quickly! After dropping the kids off at school, it was time for work. We are still pretty slow, but we started doing some projects to keep busy! There are always projects. I went to the gym straight after work, and cleaned the mats, then went for a run. It was beautiful outside.... I ran a couple of miles to my Aunt and Uncles house, but no one was home! When I got back to the gym, Mike Giroux, and Tyler Griffen were in the cage. We took turns rolling, with each other. I felt really good about my skills, until Mike and I went some stand-up.... His kicks are second to none. He leg whipped me a couple of times, once catching me in the back of the knee. After that I could not feel my left leg. Then he caught me flush against the side of the head, then out of no where he kicked me square in the back of the head. I never saw it coming. I got beat-up pretty bad last night, and don't know if I can go tonight, but my gear is in the car! Here is a list of my injuries...

Left leg! (It's dead, no feeling from my knee down)
Left shoulder! (8 inch gash in my back)
Left eye! (Black eye with nice swelling)
Both Thumbs! (Don't know but can't make fist)
Back of my head! (Mike's right foot)
Ribs! (All of them! Ground and pound, got pounded!)

Anyway.... It's my own fault! I love pain!

Love you all!

MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment