Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday, January 30th, 2012


Well it's Monday morning and I sure could use a couple extra days off..... Unfortunately that s not gonna happen anytime soon. I was kinda bummed out Saturday that I didn't end up climbing anything, but I did get some things accomplished. I got the house cleaned and then decided I would go walk around the zoo and see if anything was moving. Most of the animals were inside their hides, and so I walked the entire zoo at a very brisk pace. What was cool was the fact that I was the only non-employee at the zoo. Usually there are 10,000 people, but it was just me and a million geese! I left the zoo and headed to the camera shop to see if they could help me with a couple little screws that were missing from my big lens. They fixed it in about 2 minutes. I left there and headed out I-40 to the outlet mall. I found some sexy new jeans, a new sweater and a fleece jacket. I headed back here to the house and fixed a bite to eat. Stephanie came in and was jealous that I had gone without her. I told her we could go back on Saturday. For those of you who don't know, Sherrie's best friend Stephanie has been staying with us for about six months now.... She has really been helpful getting Trey where he needs to be each day since I have been working more than usual. I laid down for a bit and my phone just rang and rang. I got up and decided I would cook stew for dinner.... I made the biggest mess of vegetables in the world! It turned out pretty good! Sherrie came home from work and after dinner we were sitting on the couch and passed out!

Sunday morning I woke up at 4:00am and started thinking about how much I needed to exercise. I got up, put my riding gear on and went out to the garage to put my bike rack on the truck. I thought to myself.... "Dang it's cold!" I came back in and put on some extra clothes. I left and started out towards the south and the first mile I was heading into a wind straight out of the south, it took me 6 minutes and 10 seconds. I couldn't feel my fingers and had some breathing issues. My lungs were burning but I kept going. I ended up doing 11 miles in 45 minutes. Not a record by any stretch of the imagination! I came home cleaned up and Trey and I headed to church. We worked the parking lot and then in for service. Sherrie had to work 8 to 5, so when we got home Steph and I loaded up and went "Shopping!" We went back to the outlet mall, and I ended up getting Sherrie a new purse, and I got some shoes, two new sweaters, and got a couple new shirts for Trey. We went by Teners, and the Whole Foods. We got home and I cleaned the floors. (That's what I get for having a 200 pound Mastiff) Sherrie came home from work and we had some turkey wraps. I worked on reports for several hours before calling it a weekend. My buddy Riccardo had me look at a Tough Mudder event in Dallas the last weekend of March. It is a 10 mile race through water and mud. I agreed to do it. It is going to give me something to focus on! I'm excited! 47 days to France!

Love you all!


1 comment:

  1. Anniversary weekend in a few weeks! The big 22 :)