Monday, November 9, 2009

Friday, Saturday, & Sunday, November 6th, 7th, & 8th, 2009

Good Morning!

Friday was crazy busy.... We have a big IV load at work right now, so getting everything done for the weekend was a chore. As soon as we were done, I raced home and picked up Trey. we headed out for Canton. Curtis took off work at 1:00 and had been texting me all afternoon to see if we were on our way yet. On the way down highway 33, the sun was setting and Trey and I stopped several times to take pictures. We got into Canton at about 7:00 and Curtis and the boys had camp set up. I set up my tent and got my stuff organized, then we started a fire. We roasted hot dogs, and marshmallows. We set around the fire and played around the camp grounds. We agreed to get up at 5:00am, so we went to bed at 10:00. Curtis and the boys had been in the woods earlier so they knew where they wanted to be. I grew up in those woods, so I have several places where I am comfortable. Trey and I headed South to the wheat field, and found a big tree to sit under. He did really well for the first couple of hours, then he started getting restless. We got up at 8:00 and went scouting, there were plenty of tracks! We headed back to camp and got in the truck to go scout a place behind the damn, where I use to hunt. We got over there and it was gone! The army corp of engineers is building a secondary spillway, in my hunting spot and they have bulldozed the whole area. We went back to camp and Curtis and the boys were back. We peeled off a couple of layers and headed back into the woods. They saw a doe, and a buck, and the boys were pretty excited. I took Trey and Lathan, and we headed for a big field a couple of miles down the road.... We all got pretty hot, as the temperature was unseasonably warm. We saw Curtis and Logan coming up the road, so we crossed over and walked back to camp. When we got back to camp we decided to head into town, and get a sandwich. When we got back to camp we started gathering wood for the fire. It took most of the afternoon, and we had soooo much fire wood, that I didn't think we would get through it. At about 4:00 we headed back into the woods. I took Trey and Lathan up the road to this little hill that had a great view. A few minutes after we got set, Trey was asleep, and Lathan was flat on his back! At dark we headed back to camp, and started the fire. At about 8:00 Trey and Lathan went to the tent , and crashed out. Curtis, Logan, and I, stayed around the fire to burn all of the wood we collected. At about 10:00 we had a pack of coyotes come around camp to check us out. We went to bed with the idea of getting up at 5:00 to go into the woods. I woke up at 4:50 and could not get anyone up. I went back to my tent and started getting my stuff packed up. We broke down camp at 7:30 and were ready to head home by 9:30. I had a great time and I think it stretched Trey, having to go to the bathroom outside, and cook his own food, over a fire. Now that we have everything organized, and together, it will be easier to get back out in the woods, even if it is just for one night. We got home at 11:00 and took a shower, then crashed out. I had to be at Oak Tree at 3:30 to re-shoot some pictures, then swung by Copper Lake to take some pictures of the outside of the building. I came home and we loaded up to head to the Thunder game. They were playing Orlando, and the Thunder beat them by 30 points. As soon as we got home I started editing pictures, and then went to bed. It is going to be a very busy week.... Lot's of pictures, and we have company coming in this weekend. We are having Thanksgiving on Friday, and then Travis is fighting Saturday afternoon, OU plays Texas A&M Saturday night, sooo.... Here we go. After I drop the kids off this morning I have to be at Copper Lake for more pictures, then off to my real job!

Love you all!


MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment