Monday, September 14, 2009

Saturday & Sunday, September 13th & 14th, 2009

Namaste,

Saturday was a whirl wind.... As I mentioned in an earlier blog, we had a ton of errands that had to be run Saturday morning. We got them all run, then I ran to Wal-Mart with Miriam to get the veggies for the party. I came home and watched a little bit of football. At 6:00 OU came on and the weather was horrible, so we got the pay-per-view. Ben and Kinzy Crocker, came by, and Miriam and Tommy came over. I grilled some brats, and hot dogs. OU killed Idaho State 64 - 0. After everyone left we cleaned up a bit, and then off to bed.

Sunday was equally busy... We got up at 5:30 to take Jordan to work, then home to get ready for church. Service was great. We came home and fixed some lunch. Then had to load up and head to the Edmond Fine Arts Institute. We got there and started setting up. Miriam's mom did a fruit tray, and Applebee's brought chips and salsa, and brownies. We made giant lemonade pitchers, and giant fruit trays. We also had an awesome raffle. My friend Stacy Owens spent all day Saturday picking up donated items, and we sold raffle tickets for $5.00. We sold 108 tickets. Anyway came home after the party and kinda vegged out. We watched some football, and had some visitors. Sherrie and the kids gave me an awesome new dog tag... It is black (Like my heart) and has the Chinese symbol for "Live your dreams" on the back it says "Love Sherrie, Jordan, and Trey" 09/15/2009. Miriam gave me a St. Christopher pendant from James Avery, and Mike and Marilyn Isbell gave me a St. Christopher necklace. In addition to that I am wearing a 805 Fight Club dog tag, and my dad's dog tags from the Air Force. I kinda look like Mr.T right now. Each and every piece means something very special to me. My friend Chad Lovett brought me a couple of gifts from some Native American Medicine Men. He also gave me specific directions and what to use them for. I also got a card and donation from my friends Mark and Mickey. I am truly blessed to have so many great friends. I am going to spend the next few hours with Sherrie... I will write tonight about everything we have done today!

Love you all!

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment