Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Monday, September 15th, 2009

Good Morning!

Well.... After 6 months of planning, fund raising, and training, it is finally here. It is 4:22am and my brother is on his way to pick me up for the airport. I will have most of the day in NYC today, before my flight to Delhi. I am excited and scared at the same time..... I already miss all of you, and have not even left yet. I bought Sherrie a card yesterday, and it says "I wish you were going with me to explore all of the wonders..." I wish you all were going with me, but I will do my very best to document every step of the way. I am taking two cameras, 144 gig's of media storage and a journal to write in. Yesterday was an awesome day. Sherrie and I ran errands all day, then went to lunch, rented a couple of movies, and just hung out. I ran by the gym and said bye to Mike, Ben, Trav, Adam, and some of the young guy's. When I got home Mom came by and gave me some very special things. She gave me one of my Memaw's nd Pepa's handkerchiefs. She also wrote me a letter, that brought me to tears. Anyway..... (Big Baby!) Miriam and Tommy came by to get some of the leftover veggies from the party, then it was time to put everything in the backpack, and go to bed. I slept with one eye open..... Worried about oversleeping. Well, it's time to go. I will update the blog when I can, but Sherrie is going to write something everyday!

I LOVE YOU ALL!

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment