Saturday, May 23, 2009

Thursday, Friday, Saturday May 21st, 22nd, and 23rd.

Namaste,

Thursday was busy. I had all of my lawn equipment loaded up in my mom's truck. At lunch I ran over to Cindy and Roger's to do their lawn, before they got home from vacation. I took a change of clothes with me and just changed into some jogging pants, and lawn shoes. I did their lawn in just about an hour, including a very discreet shower with their water hose. After work, I jammed home and got the family. I shot my friends, Stacy and Ted's wedding reception, (More of a party) it was at Thunder Road. A biker bar just a couple of miles away from the house. Got home and edited the pictures. Got up early Friday, and got straight to work. Made the IV's for the holiday weekend, and then got out about 10:00. When Mike pulled up to the house, I was in the garage waiting we jumped in his Rover and hit the highway! As always we got pulled over in Texass! Mike got a ticket from a redneck, backwards highway patrolman. We got into Gallup around Midnight. We looked for a hotel, and ended up at the Roadrunner! DAMN! What do you expect from a $26.00 per night hotel. One sheet, chalk outlines on the carpet, other unmentionables on the carpet. The bath tub was so rusted that I thought i was going to fall through. The water pressure was more like cool air coming out. I will post some pictures, it was gross. We motored on to Moab at 6:00 this morning. Arriving about 11:00. We took some side highways for some photo op's. We went to Navtec to check in, and to Moab Brewery for lunch. I eat there every time I come to Moab. We hit a couple of shops in town then out to canyon lands. We did the confluence overlook trail 5.5 miles each way. This was some of the most intense hiking I have ever done. We jumped over 100 foot crevasses, scaled 200 foot rock walls, and stopped to take lot's of pictures. We did the whole hike in 3 hours and 51 minutes. It was amazing. I got some beautiful pictures today. One has the most beautiful purples, one has pinks. Anyway, We are staying in Monticello tonight. We have to be at Navtec tomorrow morning at 8:00. I will be out of cell phone service for 4 days. I will update the blog as soon as we get back to civilization. Love you all!

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment