Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday, July 22nd 2012







Namaste,

So work was as crazy as I thought it would be! I was on the go from 6:30 until I got home at 6:30! Like I said Sherrie had clinicals so I loaded up the bike and Trey and I headed to the lake! It was cooler than I thought it was gonna be! It was only 106 degrees! :-) I did really well, but not a record by any stretch of the imagination. I did race some beefy dude without a shirt on, and I beat the snot out of him by about 30 seconds! Trey and I came home and I was spent. Sherrie bought me a copy of "Midnight in Paris" so I watched that! It was so crazy, because I have not watched it since we got back from France. What was amazing was to see places that we walked, sat and even ate.

Saturday morning I got up and headed back to the lake for another ride. When I got home we went to the Farmers Market before heading to the "Santa Fe Touchdown Club" pancake breakfast, where we became official members of the "Touchdown Club!" I got my shirt, Sherrie got her shirt, and Trey got his gear! I actually got a tear in my eye. All my life I wanted a boy down on the field and me sitting up in the stands with a cowbell! We brought Trey home before heading to Wal-Mart for dog food, and paint. As luck would have it Jason White, Billy Sims & Steve Owens were there signing autographs! If you don't know who these guys are.... They are three of the four living Heisman Trophy winners from The University of Oklahoma. We stood in line and realized that they were not even the most famous people in the store. John Humphries from the rock band "Seether" was in line just ahead of us. Sherrie has known him for several years and I run into him all over town. I went and talked to him for a few minutes. I told him that Sherrie and I had been to Tulsa last month to see them, and we would be at their show here in the city next month. He is so down to earth! We went by the grocery store then home rest. Sherrie's mom called and her boyfriend AL had finished putting a new motor in Jordan's truck. We decided to drive to Wetumka and get it. It took an hour and a half to get there. We only stayed a few minutes. We took highway 9 straight back to Norman. We took Jordan and Josh to dinner, and then they decided to come to Edmond and spend the night. We stayed up waaaayyyyy to late!

Sunday morning, I got up and worked at church while the rest of the family laid around the house. We all met at the zoo and walked around for a couple hours before it became so hot that it was not fun anymore! We came home and I put my chef hat on. I grilled, salmon, shrimp, corn, baked potatoes, we made chicken and mushroom casserole. OMG! We ate like champs! It was great! After that everyone decided to take a nap! Josh and Jordan just headed back to Norman and Sherrie is studying for a big final. I can't decide whether to ride or paint some more! Who knows I may take the night off??? (Yeah right!)

Love you all!

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment