Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday, December 3rd, 2012







Namaste,

Hope everyone is doing well? I have been busy as heck with work. I have two new liaison's and I started training one of them last week. She is going to be great! We are still bed locked at the hospital... This means that as soon as one patient discharges, we have several ready to come in. I have been shooting multiple times a week. A week ago, I had the blessing of shooting a miracle baby. This little guy was born 10 week premature, and only had a 10% chance of survival..... He is a growing little boy now, and WOW what a workout I got shooting him! I have mostly been doing families for Christmas cards, and then yesterday, I kidnapped a couple boys and shot them yesterday afternoon. I am going to frame a couple pic's for their mom for Christmas. She is my right hand at work, and I couldn't survive without her!

The Ray's came for Thanksgiving... We had a blast with them. I worked a couple hours Thanksgiving morning, and got to see the smiles on our long term care residents faces. I helped serve breakfast... It warmed my heart and I am going to try and do the same thing on Christmas morning. With my kids being older and not really into Santa.... It's time to do something for others!

In my last blog I talked about "If!" Last year I wrote about "Dash!" The dash in-between the day you are born, and the day you die. I have really been thinking about my dash.... I still am trying to figure out my dash.... That is what I am going to dedicate 2013 to. (That is if the Mayans were wrong!)

I will be honest and tell you with my new role of Mom, Dad & Maid (With Sherrie in school, clinical's and working) I have added about 40 pounds of goo! I started my road back to a medium shirt yesterday. I am going, burn more calories than I consume, and get back into the boxing ring. My Muay Thai instructor, and great friend Mike Giroux is going to help me get back where I was in the next 60 days! I am putting it here, so you all can hold me accountable! Yesterday I took the road bike to the lake and after about 2.5 miles I thought my lungs were going to explode. By mile 4.... I was back in the groove and riding 3 minute miles. I'm a little sore this morning but it feels good.

With the holiday's upon us.... Do something nice for someone. Go out of your way to help those with less, and be a blessing to someone who is not expecting it!

Love you all!

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment